Sunday, April 19, 2009

Journal Question # 4. WEIRD FOOD



Weird and Wonderful Food
Our world is very rich in many things, but one of the most important things is the amount and variety of food. While some countries have a lot of food, others have very little. It is one of the major tasks that governments are trying to solve. If you eat healthy food, you will have health and wellness. As a result, you can do activities for fun, and you are able to go to school or go to work. Mexico has a lot of food and its cuisine is very delicious. In contrast, I have many stories about food, which can be sad and others can be happy or funny too. For instance, when I got my first job, I worked at Lacandon jungle in a wild area in Chiapas State, Mexico. I realized that there, the children didn’t eat every day while children from the center of Mexico could eat a lot of food. There is advertising on TV that says “Mom, What are we going to eat tomorrow? and others says “Mother, will we eat tomorrow? Almost I cry when I watch this commercial. Another example is when I was studying my master’s degree in Mexico state, there I could enjoy the “barbacoa of lamb”, which is a delicious food and my favorite food. In the same place there is a strange food, which is called “ESCAMOLES”. This sort of food is prepared with eggs from ants and it includes guacamole, which is prepared with avocado. Even though I tried it, I didn’t like it. However, a lot of people around the world, who have tried the escamoles, say that it is very tasty, delightful, incomparable, and aphrodisiac. Anna, would you like try it? Finally, we should remember that food is best when it is shared with others, such as friends, family, and hopeless people, and what is weird food to some people is wonderful food to others.
All in all, I encourage you to enjoy life and its goodness as I enjoy it; furthermore, we shouldn’t forget other important things like to help our mates as I sometimes forget to.

1 comment:

  1. Mexican food is extremely common on the US, especially where I live at home because there are many people from Mexico in my neighborhood so I've had guacamole before...I'm not a fan either, though I do love other mexican dishes...now I'm hungry...

    ReplyDelete