Saturday, April 11, 2009

Journal Question # 3. My Epitaph

My Epitaph
Because I know very few about epitaphs, I will write a little about this matter. I think that people, who write your epitaphs, have interesting reasons to do this. Maybe, they want to become a famous person or they don’t want to be forgotten. However, I don’t agree with this kind of practice because I think that it is not necessary. After that you have expired, you won’t be able to help to somebody. Hence, you can be or do that you want when you are alive. While you are living and performing in this life, you are writing your epitaph. If you were an interesting person to some people, they will think the same when they visit you at the cemetery. In the same way, if you were an unknown person even to your sons, they will not remember neither who were you, nor what you did. In summary, you are building epitaphs while you are living. Therefore, my epitaph could be "see you soon". With this I hope to encourage you to continue writing your epitaph before you are death like me.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree; you write your epitaph everyday with every action and decision you make.

    ReplyDelete